NOTE: For further information on #6 of this family, Abigail Calhoun, and #5 of this family, Chauncey Calhoun, click on the CC next to their names. CC stands for County Connections.
1. EBENEZER CALHOUN was born 1741 at N. Stratford (now Trumbull), Fairfield Co. CT. All of Ebenezer's nine children were born before the family left their home in Washington, Litchfield, CT. By 1800 they relocated to Frankfort, just over the border from Litchfield, Herkimer county. Ebenezer and his oldest surviving son Chauncey are recorded in the 1800 census of Frankfort under the name CAHOON. The obituary of Ebenezer's daughter Marilla notes that the family settled about three-quarters of a mile north of Norwich Corners (Litchfield) NY, in what was then an almost unbroken wilderness. Ebenezer joined the Congregational Society church at Norwich Corners on June 2, 1801. He and Dolly died there in 1825. By 1830 their children had left Herkimer county altogether.
EBENEZER CALHOUN married
DORATHY/DOLLY MARILLA FOOT(E) who was born 1746/47 at Washington, Litchfield Co. CT. She died 1827.
Children, CALHOUN, all born in Litchfield Co., CT:
2. i EBENEZER CALHOUN, Jr.
3. ii MIRIAM CALHOUN
4. iii EBENEZER CALHOUN, 2nd
CC 5. iv CHAUNCEY CALHOUN married SARAH EDWARDS PADDOCK
CC 6. v ABIGAIL MIRIAM CALHOUN married JOHN HATHAWAY
7. vi JOANNA CALHOUN married JOHN BIRDSEY
8. vii SHELDON CALHOUN married SALLY ANN BACON
9. viii DOLLY MARILLA "Marilla" CALHOUN married WILLIAM WINSHIP
Created: January 27, 2000
Copyright © 2000 Nan Dixon
Copyright © 2000 M. Magill
All Rights Reserved.