CROMWELL BURIAL LOT
TOWN OF GLEN
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, N.Y.
Off Dillenbeck Drive on the Yurkewicz farm, Stone Ridge, Glen Twp., Montgomery County, New York.
This abandoned family plot is located in an open field about 200 feet southwest of the Yurkewicz farmhouse.
Copied July 7, 1967 by Albert Elswick.
The following stones were found:
- Cornelia Cromwell, died September 17, 1874, aged 79 years, 6 months, and 18 days.
- Helen Cromwell, died September 30, 1868, aged 71.
- John P. Cromwell, died November 23, 1844, aged 40 years, 10 months, and 7 days.
- Julius, son of John P. and Elizabeth Cromwell, died July 11, 1847.
- Megdelen, wife of Philip Cromwell, died December 4, 1841, aged 82 years, 5 months, and 4 days.
- Philip Cromwell died September 30, 1826 in his 80th year. (HE WAS A SURGEON IN THE TRYON COUNTY MILITIA IN THE WAR OF THE REVOLUTION.)
- Stephen Cromwell, died April 18, 1876, aged 88 years, 8 months, and 13 days.
- Mary Magdalene, daughter of Richard J. and Ann Quackenbush, died January 26, 1845, aged 4 weeks.
- Thomas, son of Richard and Ann Quackenbush, died September 3, 1853, aged 3 years, 4 months and 8 days.
- Cornelia C., daughter of Adam and Mabel Shufelt, died February 28, 1855, aged 2 years, 7 months, and 15 days.
- Pomroy Hamilton, son of Adam and Mabel Shufelt, died February 28, 1855, aged 8 months and 8 days.
- H.M.S. (only the footstone remains, and two small pieces of the headstone. It is probably the grave of a Shufelt.)