SOME RECORDS OF DEATHS
Montgomery County, NY
** Related Families of Contributor Nancy Robinson. **
1. James McKINLAY, age 73 d. April 17, 1884 at Port Jackson,
2. Howard Eugene THOMPSON, age 1 yr. d. May 11, 1884 at Florida
3. Jessie THOMPSON, age 8 months, d. May 24, 1884 at Florida
4. Alexander McDONALD, age 14 yrs, d. May 23, 1884,
5. Lewis B. CRANE, age 84 yrs, d. May 25, 1884 at Florida
6. Friby FOREMAN, age 3 months, d. June 7, 1884 at Port Jackson
7. Nancy MARSELLUS, age 99, d. June 11, 1884 at Port Jackson
8. Earl McCLUMPHA, age 3 yrs, d. June 20, 1884 at Florida
9. Lyman C. LEWIS, age 39, d. July 31, 1884 at Port Jackson
10. Thomas H. BUCHANAN, age 62 yrs, d. Sept 3, 1884 at Wellsville
The photo of the tombstone of my grandfather, Alexander McGregor Thompson's brother & sister, Howard & Jessie Thompson, was taken at Chuctanunda Cemetery. 1884 was a sad year for my ancestors as little Earl McClumpha, my grandfather's cousin, also died a month after Howard & Jessie.
According to the 1900 US Census Amsterdam, Montgomery Co, NY, District 1, ED 73, SD 7 page 40A, Dr. Arthur V.H. Smythe, physician, b. Wales, Dec 1853, lived at 7 Division Street with his wife Mary C., and 3 sons, Edward S. S., Arthur V. H., Jr, and Ralph V. S. along with Elizabeth Schermerhorn & Helena Sarno, both women enumerated as "m-in law."
1880 US Census, Florida Twp. Montgomery County, NY, Page 13
F---- Cornell, Physician, age 24, b. NY was a boarder in the home of Wm H. Dunlap, a hotel keeper.
Names and causes of death were transcribed as typed and obviously contain errors in spelling. Some were nearly illegible. Copies of the original typed record are at the Montgomery County Dept of History and Archives in Fonda, NY.